1/6/11

In A Year

It has been a little over a year since I have posted....things got a little busy.  A lot has happened in the year's time.  Let's see, a review of last year:

My mom came to visit as she does every winter.  She usually comes around January and stays till April.  She goes back and forth between my home and her sister's in Hawthorne.  Things get a little crazy when she is here as she is not one to sit still for very long.  There are always projects to do, stores to go to, and lists to be made.  My time is hers.

Hope will be two years old in three months.  Did I just type that?  I cannot believe how time has flown with her.  She is changing every day and becoming such an independent sort.  She looks like me and acts like her Daddy all day long.  The biggest event that has taken place in the last year is that I returned to work when Hope was 15 months old.  It was hard but necessary.  I know I got a lot more time than most working moms do and I am so thankful for that.  I praise Jesus that we found a wonderful daycare for her to go to.  It is in a church and Hope LOVES it.  Every morning after breakfast, she grabs her little Disney Princess backpack and heads to the door saying "Dayca".   She squeals with delight and claps her hands when we pull into the parking lot.  As much I hate the separation from her, it does this Momma's heart good to know she is well loved there.  It sure makes going to work every day a lot easier.  It has been an adjustment schedule wise in regards to quality time with her and getting housework, laundry, groceries etc done.  I have had to let some things go and not be such a control freak.  I particularly miss my Tuesday's with Heather.   The great thing about a best friend is when we can get together like we did over Christmas break, it is like there has been no lapse in time since our last get together and even though we don't talk every day we know we are both a phone call away and will be ready to run to other if needed. 

Hope actually takes naps now!  My last post at 8 months, she was not taking regularly scheduled naps.  She takes one nap at daycare and on the weekends or on my days off she will take two!  One the morning around 9:30 and one in the afternoon around 2:00.  They are anywhere from 1.5 to 2 hrs.  That in itself is a miracle! 

I am going to try to post more often than once a year - not so much for gaining readers (ha!) but just to chronicle Hope's life and memories with her.  I realize so much has happened that has not been recorded.  Considering I will be 62 when she is 20, I need something to help me remember when she asks me what she was like as a baby, toddler etc.  So here is to a New Year and a fresh start at blogging!

0 comments:



Proud Daddy

Rachel

Hope Elizabeth

Lola the Bulldog
 

Hope Untethered.... | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates