11/3/09

Testing.. is this thing on?

My best friend Especially Heather keeps telling me I should start blogging. I follow quite a few blogs daily and never thought of myself having anything interesting to blog about. I don't consider myself funny or witty and my husband tells me I write like I talk. So if you read this, it will be just like I was talking to you directly I guess, maybe it is because I am French - who knows? After thinking about it for awhile I thought it would be a good way to share what is on my heart and also to capture Hope's development.

An introduction to myself:

My name is Michelle, first and foremost I am a daughter of the King. I am 41 years old, married, have a 23 year old daughter named Rachel and a 8 month old daughter named Hope. Yes, you read that correctly. No, I am not crazy. Just certain circumstances in my life prevented me from having more children until now and I do want one more child. My obstetrician thinks I am crazy for that reason. I am currently a stay at home mom which I feel so blessed to be able to do as I wasn't able to with my first daughter. I find it challenging and rewarding. There are days where I don't get out of my pajamas and feel like I am so not in control of my day and then I have days where I feel like I am "large and in charge". The one big thing God is teaching me through this journey is to let go of being in control and realize that it isn't all about schedules, lists and what I have "accomplished" in the day. (I use to work in accounting, that may explain my personality a little.) It is about being in the moment, the here and now, about being totally dependent on Him, just as my eight month old is on me.

Stay tuned for my testimony and future posts......

9 comments:

LauraLee Shaw said...

Oh, I think you are going to have a LOT to say! Wow, yes. Can't wait! You must be one ESPECIALLY amazing person to be friends with Heather. Love her! :D

Lisa B @ simply His said...

Hey Mishka! Welcome to the blogging world! You have a great friend and mentor in Especially Heather :) You're one blessed woman to be able to hug her neck all the time too!

Especially Heather said...

Hey you! I so love love love the fact that you are now officially a blogger! Can't tell you how much your friendship has meant to me this past two years :)

SQWEEEEE! {doing the happy dance!}

Karla Meachem said...

Thrilled to meet you Mishka! Love the title of your blog! Looking forward to staying in touch!

Melanie said...

Hi there found a link to your blog from a tweet by Heather. I love the name, look & feel of your blog! I'm looking forward to reading more. :) God bless.

Mishka said...

Thank you all for the warm welcome! Yes, I do consider myself blessed to be able hug Especially Heather's neck. She has been the true definition of a best friend to me. I am so thankful that the Lord saw fit to bring us and our families into each others lives.

Zaankali said...

I don't think you are crazy at all. I am 40 with 4 kids the youngest is 10 and I would LOVE to have more kids. My hubby however took precautions to make certain that couldn't happen. LOL!
I am blessed to be able to watch my 18mo old niece every Friday and I have kept her for the entire weekend a few times. Her mother (my sister) is 16 mo older than me and this is her first child!
It is all part of God's plan the way I see it. If I was still having my own kids I might have been to busy to watch my niece and I certainly wouldn't have enjoyed her as much as I am able to now with my kids off at school during the day.
Smiles!

Anonymous said...

The best blogs, to me, are not funny nor witty, Mishka, so if you are neither one of those things I think your blog will be just grand. Be yourself and don't strain to say something cute or clever everyday... cos I think the majority of readers are annoyed by that. Blog about your real life... what's actually happening with you & your family... good & bad... and you'll be a hit. Good luck & I look forward to coming back for a visit often. :-) Peace~ Andrea

Christina Berry said...

Hello! I found you through Heather, whom I absolutely adore! Welcome to the world of blogging! I look forward to getting to know you better! Please stop by and visit my blog when you have a chance!



Proud Daddy

Rachel

Hope Elizabeth

Lola the Bulldog
 

Hope Untethered.... | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates